Our name and our game is digital marketing. But even for us, it’s taken months of hard work from our on staff SEO expert, Amanda Powell, for DigitalMarketer to rank for the keyword “digital marketing.”
How are we able to rank for a keyword that is searched over 40,000 times a month? In this episode, Amanda lifts the hood on the DigitalMarketer SEO strategy and tells us what the DM staff meeting was like when we strategized how to snag the ultimate keyword for DM and increase our organic search traffic.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Behind-the-scenes of DigitalMarketer’s SEO team
- The tool to use to see the relevant keywords your competitors are ranking—SEMRush’s Domain Analytics
- How to define the size of a business by their volume of keywords
- How to identify the keyword advantages and gaps of your competitors and how to build on top of it
- What ranking factors are improving content and making it hard to beat by competitors—root keyword (and/or variation) in the title tag, URL, H1 headline, and an internal linking strategy
- What DigitalMarketer is adding to older content to improve ranking—like infographics
Amanda’s upcoming DigitalMarketer SEO Workshop
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!