Have you ever wondered how DigitalMarketer chooses what products to promote, when to promote them, and how much to price them?
In this episode, Jenna interviews the person in charge of all of DigitalMarketer’s promotions—our Promotions Manager, Matt Shelar. He explains how we create our monthly promotional calendar, the difference in promotions for cold and warm leads, and his best advice for creating awesome offers.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What we do when a big promotion flops
- How we set our price points for products and for the discounts we run
- The 2 types of promotions we run each month: main list and high-value segment
- How we use primer content before promotions to get our list excited about the offer
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Matt on LinkedIn
- Billy Gene Shaw’s Million-Dollar Video Ad Formula That Works Again and Again and Again
- The Customer Avatar Worksheet: Finally, Get Clear on WHO You Are Selling To!
- Episode 63: Meet DigitalMarketer’s Content Team of One with Becky Zieber
- Episode 61: How DigitalMarketer’s Instagram Grew from 15k to 80k Followers in Less than a Year
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!