If you’re a business owner or digital marketer who’s been putting off creating IG reels, it’s time to jump on that train.
On today’s episode, host Mark de Grasse sits down with Meta’s Lauren Posada and Genie Alfonzo who work on the business marketing team for Instagram, helping businesses see the value of their products and solutions. The team is specifically pushing IG reels right now—and for good reason. Reels now make up 20% of the time spent on the entire IG platform, and that number is only going to climb. Over the past couple years, we’ve seen an entertainment shift around the explosive growth of short form video in social media and the exciting opportunities it presents for marketers. Lauren and Genie are watching marketers and business owners flex their creative muscles in this space, trying new things, working the algorithm, and growing their audiences organically.
Listen in for some insider tips on how to optimize IG reels in your marketing.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Instagram encourages de-coupling reels with your IG identity
- What factors increase your chances of discoverability on IG
- Which new IG tool is helping people reach more audiences
- What Instagram is prioritizing and rewarding in the algorithm right now
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- 7 Levels of Scale Workbook
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Listen to the #1 Digital Marketing Podcast, Perpetual Traffic
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!
Mentioned in this episode:
Download Free DigitalMarketer Ebooks!
Useful digital marketing ebooks, worksheets, swipe files, and guides!