Do you dream of having really awesome guests on your podcast but don’t know how to go about it?
On today’s episode, host Mark de Grasse sits down with Jeremy Slate, CEO of Command Your Brand Media and host of the podcast, Create Your Own Life, to talk about leveraging a podcast to grow your brand. When Jeremy started his first podcast in 2014, he says it was absolute trash, but he doesn’t regret it. One of the biggest obstacles to getting started is thinking everything has to be perfect first. It doesn’t. Jeremy’s simple formula: go on some shows, get a good course on podcasting, start your own show, get on more shows to promote it. Command Your Brand is the top public relations firm for the podcast space and can help you do all that.
Listen in as Jeremy shares a wealth of knowledge about starting a podcast, sticking with it, and doing it well.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Where to find and connect with big name podcast guests
- How long your podcast should be and how many weekly episodes
- What to include in your pitch to potential podcast guests
- Why you should go on other people’s podcasts before you start your own
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- FREE: The 7 Reasons You’re Not Getting Featured on your Favorite Podcast
- The Podcast Blueprint (course by Andrew Ferebee)
- Get Emails app
- Contact Any Celebrity
- Ep. 400 of Create Your Own Life with Seth Godin
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind (book by Al Ries)
- 7 Levels of Scale Workbook
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Listen to the #1 Digital Marketing Podcast, Perpetual Traffic
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!