We’re truly living at a pivotal moment in history. Web3 and the metaverse are opening new doors to amazing opportunities for marketers. You’ve just got to walk through.
In today’s episode, host Mandy McEwen sits down with Lisa Buyer, founder of Female Disruptors, to chat about marketing in the metaverse and transitioning from Web2 to Web3. Lisa comes from a traditional PR background, but she’s always been a forward thinker and an early adopter of technology. She was integrating SEO and social media into PR strategy 15 years ago when it was a novel idea. And now, in 2022, she’s all in with NFTs, the metaverse, and leveraging your owned media to build your community.
Listen in for some helpful tips on getting started with Web3—and an encouraging pep talk for anyone feeling hesitant.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Things you need to know about earned media and social proof
- Ways to create a more emotional connection with your audience
- Why Facebook groups are out and Discord is the social hub of the future
- Ways to explore Web3 without a VR headset
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Connect with Lisa on LinkedIn
- Follow Lisa on IG
- Female Disruptors on IG
- Social PR Secrets (Lisa’s book)
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Listen to the #1 Digital Marketing Podcast, Perpetual Traffic
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!