The show is absolutely entertaining, but just remember: you’re a marketer in real life, and she plays one on TV.
Today’s episode is a fun one. Host Mark de Grasse, DigitalMarketer President-turned TV critic analyzes Netflix’s Emily in Paris from the perspective of a real-life marketer. In the show, Emily is a Chicago-based marketing junior executive who gets sent to Paris to work with a luxury marketing firm. She’s there to help the firm relate to Americans. If you’re an aspiring marketer, Mark warns, don’t expect things to work out as quickly and easily as they do for Emily. Which you won’t, since you know the difference between TV and real life, right?
Listen in to hear Mark’s fun take on 5 core marketing basics the show gets wrong.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why your business development pitches won’t get adopted overnight
- What would really happen if you overstepped the senior marketing team
- Why your IG following won’t grow exponentially without a strategy
- Why you can’t count on running into celebrities on the street
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- 7 Levels of Scale Workbook
- Free training from BotBuilders
- Create an online store with Wix
- Sales and Marketing Automation with Keap
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!