When You Finish This Training, You'll Have a Proven Plan For
Automated Email Marketing
...That Generates AT LEAST 200% More Sales and Conversions from the List You Already Have (Even If It's Tiny)
Email marketing is weird.
According to Return Path, email is consistently ranked as the "highest ROI marketing activity." But despite that fact, if you ask most marketers and business owners about their email marketing efforts, their responses are typically less enthusiastic...
"We email our list every now and then...I just don't know what to say."
"I'm afraid if I email my list, they'll get mad and unsubscribe."
"I don't like to email my list. What if they think I'm a spammer?"
Or the always-popular...
"Email marketing is boring."
Say what you will about email marketing, but the fact is...
There's Nothing Boring About DOUBLING Your Sales Without Having To Increase Your Ad Spend
Ordinary marketers may think email marketing is "boring"... ...but smart marketers know better.
Smart marketers know that, when executed properly, there's no faster, easier or more cost-effective way to generate sales out of thin air than email marketing.
But how do you do it the right way?
- How do you make sure your emails get delivered to your prospect's inbox? (Their real inbox...not the "Promotions" folder and DEFINITELY NOT the "Spam" folder.) Then...
- How do you get your email opened? How do you make sure prospect's see your message and click to view it when it's surrounded by so much clutter? And once they've opened...
- How do you get them excited enough about your message to click a link or call a phone number so they take the desired action? And then, when it works...
- How do you automate the entire process so all your new leads and prospects are converted into high-paying customers and clients on autopilot?
These are the questions every email marketer must be able to answer...
More importantly, these are the questions every BRAND must be able to answer if they want to fully maximize their email marketing efforts (without ever being called a "spammer.")
So if you want to make sure that your emails not only get delivered...
...but also generate real opens, clicks, engagement and (most importantly) sales with your customers and subscribers, then you need to work on these critical steps.
But how do you do it?
Fortunately, that's exactly what you're about to learn...
FACT: Businesses Need Email Marketers
(...Who Actually Know What They're Doing)
I'm not going to sell you on the importance of email marketing. If you're here, you already know it's an essential aspect of any digital marketing strategy, because email marketing:
- Is one of the highest ROI activities in your business...
- Engages & nurtures both prospects and customers to generate new leads and sales...
- Can be automated so that you can literally prospect and sell around the clock (even while you sleep)...
In other words, email marketing delivers traffic, leads and customers... and it can do all this on autopilot. So that's why businesses need email marketers.
There's just one problem: Most so-called "email marketers" don't know what they're doing.
That's where you come in.
As a Certified Email Marketing Specialist, you are uniquely qualified to help brands generate more leads, sales and engagement from their customers and subscribers.
More specifically, in this master class, you'll learn:
- How to create the PERFECT promotional calendar for your business... (Do this right and you'll see revenue AND engagement hockey stick straight up!)
- How to make sure your emails actually make it to the inbox... (HINT: practice poor list hygiene and your deliverability will suffer.)
- How to use proven tricks to get MORE opens and MORE clicks from even your most engaged and loyal subscribers...
- Which goals and metrics you should be tracking on a day-to-day basis to measure your Email Marketing success...
- List "CPR"... How to clean and revive your dead (or nearly dead) email lists and get them opening and clicking again!
- The 4 "magic" email copywriting questions (and why answering these 4 simple questions will practically write your email copy for you)
- Queuing the Click: 6 psychological tricks to get your subscribers primed and ready to click the links in your emails
- THREE segmentation strategies that actually work and ensure that you're only emailing your perfect prospects! (This is how to send multiple campaigns and offers without BURNING up your email list)
- The two most important questions to answer before triggering ANY campaign to a new subscriber (Get this wrong and the next button they click could be Unsubscribe... or worse - Spam)
- Email Indoctrination: The perfect welcome email and campaign to start building real relationships with your new subscribers and turning them from strangers into friends.
- Campaign Mapping: How to find and duplicate your most successful marketing campaigns (so you always know what you're promoting and when you're promoting it)
- The only 4 reasons people buy from you (and how to leverage them to generate more sales from your email marking efforts)
- The 9 sneaky tricks that triple your email open rates (and when to use them)
- Campaign Creation: The 5 types of email campaigns you should be using in your business (and how to Storyboard and craft each one).
- 3 must-use tools to monitor your email deliverability (and make sure your getting into the inbox)
- ...and much, MUCH more!
In short, Certified Email Marketing Specialist (a.k.a. "Email Masters") are able to effectively monetize any email list, while simultaneously increasing engagement with leads and customers.
If you're interested in becoming such an "Email Master," then I have one question for you...
Are You A "Doer"...or Just a "Talker?"
(or...Why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let's face it: Marketing experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who "walk the talk" from the ones who merely...
That's the problem!
And at DigitalMarketer, it was our problem, too. You see, we don't just teach marketing best practices, we actually DO MARKETING for businesses that we ACTUALLY OWN.
We aren't researchers. We aren't journalists.
We're business owners running companies (both online and offline) in B2B and B2C markets selling everything from cosmetics to camping equipment to industrial water filters and everything in-between.
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF...
...so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they're talking about.
And that's why we created the "Email Marketing Mastery" course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of "open sourcing" our business (which is what DigitalMarketer is all about) we're now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we're making it available to YOU...
What You'll Learn In This Course
The Perfect Promotional Calendar
Develop a 30 and 90-day promotional calendar that, when done correctly, will cause revenue and engagement to hockey stick straight up! Once you have collected your assets and understand the key concepts, you can create short-term and long-term rolling calendars.
4 Magic Questions
Answer these four questions before you ever start writing an email. As long as you can answer these four questions you will know how to write a proficient email.
Points of Belief
Think about who you're writing to and why they may want to buy (there are four main reasons). Once you are able to define the desired end result, you will be able to develop a journey through your email copy that takes the customer from where they are and to where they need to be by using your product.
3 Categories of Emails
Learn how and when to use the three different categories of email campaigns - transactional, relational or promotional. Choosing the correct category will ensure that you're only emailing your perfect prospects! (This is how to send multiple campaigns and offers without BURNING up your email list)
Become a Certified Email Marketing Specialist Today!
"I love, love, this certification. It has made a huge difference in my business. Specifically, connecting the promotions calendar with my campaigns"
"Have to say A-Mazing stuff in that certification!! Feeling thankful today for Richards' teachings ... DigitalMarketer changing lives one business at a time!"
Email Marketing Mastery Course Details
In this 8-hour course, you'll learn everything you need to know about how to drive qualified paid traffic to your website.
The Role of Email Marketing
- Lesson 1: Meet Your Instructor
- Lesson 2: The Role of Email Marketing
- Lesson 3: THREE Different "Types" of Emails
- Lesson 4: The TWO Send Types
- Lesson 5: Email Marketing & List Building
Creating Your Marketing Calendar
- Lesson 1: The Role of Your Marketing Calendar
- Lesson 2: Gathering Promotional Assets
- Lesson 3: Creating Your 30 Day Calendar
- Lesson 4: Creating Your 90 Day Calendar
Email Campaign Creation
- Lesson 1: Email Campaigns Explained
- Lesson 2: Storyboarding Your Indoctrination Campaign
- Lesson 3: CASE STUDY: DigitalMarketer
- Lesson 4: Storyboarding Your Engagement Campaign
- Lesson 5: Storyboarding Your Ascension Campaign
- Lesson 6: Storyboarding Your Consumption Campaign
- Lesson 7: Crafting a Upsell Campaign
- Lesson 8: Storyboarding Your Segmentation Campaign
- Lesson 9: CASE STUDY: Best Buy
- Lesson 10: CASE STUDY: Kate Spade
- Lesson 11: Storyboarding Your Re-Engagement Campaign
- Lesson 12 CASE STUDY: DigitalMarketer Re-Engagement Campaign
- Lesson 13: CASE STUDY: DigitalMarketer Win Back Campaign
Email Copywriting & Design
- Lesson 1: Harvesting Proven Sales Copy
- Lesson 2: The FOUR Reasons People Buy
- Lesson 3: Points of Belief
- Lesson 4: Crafting Your Subject Lines
- Lesson 5: Crafting Your Body Copy
- Lesson 6: Queuing the Click
Optimizing Opens & Clicks
- Lesson 1: Getting More Opens
- Lesson 2: Getting More Clicks
Tracking & Measuring Results
- Lesson 1: Benchmarking Your Results
- Lesson 2: What to Track & When To Track it!
- Lesson 3: DEMO: Email Stats Tracking Sheet
- Lesson 1: 3 Ways to Prove You're NOT a Spammer
- Lesson 2: Your Mailer Reputation
- Lesson 3: Your Sender Infrastructure
- Lesson 4: Your Subscriber Engagement
- Lesson 5: Monitoring & Tracking Deliverability
What You'll Get:
When you enroll today, you'll receive instant access to:
- The Email Marketing Mastery Course
- 7 Core Modules
- 46 Video Lessons
- 4 Handouts
- 7 Quizzes (one for each module)
Plus, upon successful completing of the course and all exams you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Email Marketing Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Email Marketing Specialist
- Tuition: $995
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 8 Hours 27 minutes
- Expected Completion Time: 3 - 7 Days
How It Works
Take The Course
The course is an 8 hour 27 minute intensive training, with 46 lessons, 4 handouts, 7 quizzes, & a final exam.
Pass The Test
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
Display Your Badge
You'll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
Email Marketing Mastery Course
- 7 Core Modules
- 46 Video Lessons
- 4 Handouts
- 7 Review Quizzes
Email Marketing Certification
- Certification Exam
- Displayable Badge
- Printable Certificate
- Status as a Email Marketing Specialist
Who Should Get Certified
Grow in your career, and get everyone else in your company on the same page, and speaking the same language
There's nothing harder than managing a team where everyone speaks a different language. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VPs
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution.
When your team can truly deliver the goods, you can truly serve your clients...and increase billable hours.
Founders & CEOs
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about sales and marketing, so let us worry about it, instead.
Why Should You Get Certified?
If you're an individual...
...this certification will set you apart from the pack.
Unlike everyone else who simply calls themselves a "email marketing expert," you'll have the certificate and the badge to prove it, from a source that businesses trust.
More importantly, it will make you a better marketer.
Why? Because you're receiving the exact same training you would receive as an employee at DigitalMarketer. (And without tooting our horn too much, we're pretty good at this stuff!)
And we held nothing back.
These are the same systems and strategies our internal team uses to ensure deliverability and create email campaigns, taught by our President and CMO (the person in charge of all things email and sales at DigitalMarketer), Richard Lindner.
So, if you want to:
- Enhance your career (or start a new one)
- Learn the latest and greatest tactics (that actually work)
- Expand your skill set, distance yourself from the competition, and jump to a higher pay grade...
...this course and certification is for you.
If you're a business owner...
...maybe you don't need the certification.
But what about your team? Do you know for a fact that they're up to speed on all the latest and greatest email marketing strategies?
If you're not sure, or if you just want them to receive the exact same training the team at DM receives, then get them certified!
They'll love the fact that you're investing in them, and you'll love the fact that they're performing at the highest level possible for your company.
Also, there's no rule that you have to sit for the test. If the training is more important to you than the certification, then just take the training and look at the test as an optional extra. (But if I were you I'd take it anyway just to make sure you're fully grasping all the concepts.)
Oh yeah, and if you're an agency or other marketing professional, then you already know how important certifications are to distancing yourself from the competition. And who knows? It might even help you claim higher fees for the work you're already doing.
Either way, if you expect the best for your company, then this course and certification is for you.
Become a Certified Email Marketing Specialist Today!
About Your Instructor
Richard Lindner is the President and CMO of DigitalMarketer.
Richard is our Resident "jack-of-all-trades." Not only is he an email marketing and deliverability maestro, but he also crafts and executes all of DigitalMarketer's sales funnels and conversion campaigns.
Over the past 12 months Richard has managed well over a BILLION email sends (in multiple marketing), created & implemented strategies to overcome major changes in Yahoo, Hotmail & Gmail algorithms, tripled email open rates, doubled email clickthrough rates and generated over $20MM in revenue from email marketing alone!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "How will this certificate help me?"
A: It depends on who you are...
If you're a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn email marketing yourself. It's also a great way to train and certify members of your own team to ensure that they're up to speed on the latest trends and best practices.
If you're an agency, this certification is a tangible way to show that you are an Email Marketing Specialist, which could help you attract and retain better, higher-paying clients.
If you're a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who merely have a business or marketing degree, but specialized skills that employers today are desperately seeking.
If you're an employee or marketing professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which is the surest way to get that raise or promotion you likely already deserve (but don't have a tangible reason to request).
Q: "How valuable is this certification?"
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if you need to set yourself apart from the competition. What's far more valuable than any badge or certificate, however, is the actual knowledge you're going to receive when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know email marketing and deliverability.
Q: "What if I fail? Am I allowed to retake the test?"
A: Yes, you make retake the test up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module quizzes prior to attempting the final exam again.
Q: "How long do I have to complete the class and take the test once I am enrolled?"
A: You can move at your own pace! We understand that life happens, and that just because you enroll today that doesn't mean you'll be able to finish (or even start) the class this week. And that's ok! Take as long as you like. We aren't going anywhere, and neither is this certification.
Q: "How long does it take to finish the course and receive my certification?"
A: This class is 8 hours of video training, so if you are working at it full-time you could technically complete the class and take all the tests in one day (although this is not recommended). To fully understand and apply the materials, you should allow 3 - 7 days if you are working full-time, and 14 - 21 days if you taking the class part-time.
Q: "Am I guaranteed to get certified if I take the class?"
A: No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn't worth the paper it's printed on. That's why our courses are challenging. If we're going to allow you to display a DigitalMarketer badge, you better believe you're going to have to earn it.
Q: "I don't care about the certification...can I just audit the class?"
A: Right now the cost for the class is $495. Ordinarily the sit fee for the certification exam is $500, but currently we have waved that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $495.
Q: "How difficult is the test?"
A: You'll find that the test is "satisfyingly difficult." By that I mean, it's difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn't tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult. That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging and the questions do pertain to our proprietary methodologies, so you shouldn't expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other email marketing trainings or courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: "Are scholarships available?"
A: At this time no scholarships are available. Fortunately we have priced our classes so that they are affordable to all, especially compared to similar certification classes.
Become a Certified Email Marketing Specialist Today!
DigitalMarketer Is Different
Yes, you can find other trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a DigitalMarketer certification is unique because it's built and taught by real marketers who actually sell their own products and services online.
In other words, we aren't journalists or "researchers." We're in-the-trenches doers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn something is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. If that sounds appealing, then welcome! You've found your home.