Finally, You'll Have...
A proven strategy for creating and growing a thriving online community that impacts your business' bottom line
Building a community is like throwing a party.
You hang the disco ball, set out the party snacks, and start playing that playlist you spent hours curating, but then something terrible happens...
...no one shows up!
Why? Because you don't have the commitment from the audience you actually want to serve.
There's a different kind of party, one much more favorable, that you can learn how to create with a little help from this certification.
It's the kind of party where you only invite a few people, and 200 guests show up — scary for a high schooler whose parents are out of town, but for a company that is trying to build brand awareness or increase loyalty, this is a dream come true.
When you know how to invite the right people, with the same common goal, your community members will likely do the heavy lifting for you and invite everyone they know.
But then, a lamp breaks.
With so many people in the house, you can feel the chaos intensifying and you think...
"What did I get myself into?!"
As a Community Management Master, you'll have all the tools to put out any fires, and even stop them before they happen!
For too long, brands have considered online communities to be an "option."
But that just isn't the case any more.
Your online audiences are begging to "attend the party" (AKA connect with brands who create valuable, real-life relationships that go beyond transactional interactions).
They want friends to talk to, mentors who will listen, and fans to cheer them on.
The best part? There's a place for brand communities in every step of your customer's journey...
Beyond the problems your product solves, there is a whole world out there that your prospects are struggling with. So, why not be a voice of guidance that supports them even BEFORE the sale happens?
And when they do buy your product, they're looking for a place to share their success and their struggles with people who actually get them and understand what they're going through. Communities exist to bring customers together who are passionate about your product, but more importantly, they're passionate about the same end goal.
There may even be advocates or hardcore fans of your product that need support in getting your message out — and there's a type of community for that, too!
No matter what place your customers are in, it is guaranteed they're waiting for an invitation to your party. They crave a relationship with your brand that goes deeper than your product or service in itself.
FACT: Businesses need Community Managers
(...who actually know what they're doing)
This whole "relationship building" idea is not familiar to most business owners and marketers.
We're used to giving out information in mass sums, spitting out the ugly truths of our prospect's situation in hopes that they will realize our product or service is the only solution!
Community Managers are the key to getting out of the promotional content safe zone and actually standing on the front lines to give audiences a new type of value they can hold on to.
The problem is... most Community Managers don't know what they're doing.
They just create a Facebook group, forum or other community platform, add their members, and just hope that their community will gain some traction.
Community Managers who actually know what they're doing understand the importance of nurturing their members with a solid content and programming strategy that will get (and keep) the conversation going... that's where you come in!
As a Certified Community Management Specialist, you'll know exactly how to build a community from the ground up that will grow your brand, your brand advocates, and your overall revenue.
When you become a Certified Community Management Specialist, you'll discover...
- The 10 direct benefits communities can provide for your business (from decreasing churn to increasing revenue and even boosting SEO rankings)
- The best way to maintain trust within your community and the CRUCIAL difference between marketing communication and community conversations
- The 3 ways community members can carefully use the platform to convert members (and how to do it without destroying the member-brand relationship)
- How to determine which of the 8 types of communities your business needs based on how your members define their common bond (hint: purchasing your product is NOT a significant bond)
- Communication styles that are most effective when serving your market instead of serving your product (and why no one really cares about your product as much as they do about your brand)
- The 3 things every community mission statement MUST include to outline the overall purpose, goal and scope of your community
- How to effectively moderate the conversation at all times to maintain a safe, comfortable environment for your members and what to do when trolls start invading your posts (even if you're a team of one)
- Two of the most popular ways to grow an online community that works regardless of your industry (yes, even "boring" products can have flourishing communities)
- The 8 types of content that drive compelling discussion and build your community, and why it's more effective than asking general, non-meaningful questions that create massive, but short-lived engagement
- What metrics you should use to measure success and how to prove a positive ROI in your community management efforts
- How to keep your members positive and active within the community by using consistent, ritual content that will keep them engaged
- The best ways to encourage every type of member to engage with the community — no matter if they're "newbies" or "salty veterans"
- What to look for when choosing a community platform like Facebook Groups, forums, or other social community platforms (you can even build your own platform and own the data)
...and so much more!
In short, Community Management Specialists are able to effectively build and maintain a healthy online community that supports and empowers their members, while still meeting critical business objectives.
If you're seriously interested in becoming a Certified Community Management Specialist, then I have one question for you...
Are You A "Doer"... or Just a "Talker?"
(or... Why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let's face it: Marketing experts are a dime a dozen.
So, how do you separate those who "walk the talk" from the ones who merely...
That's the problem!
And at DigitalMarketer, it was our problem, too. You see, we don't just teach marketing best practices, we actually DO MARKETING for businesses that we ACTUALLY OWN.
We aren't researchers. We aren't journalists.
We're business owners running companies (both online and offline) in B2B and B2C markets, selling everything from cosmetics to camping equipment to industrial water filters and everything in-between.
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF...
...so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they're talking about when it comes to building and maintaining an online community.
And that's why we created the "Community Management Mastery" course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of "open sourcing" our business (which is what DigitalMarketer is all about) we're now making this certification and training available to the world.
What You'll Learn In This Course
How to Get Business Value from Your Community
Create an online community that builds awareness generates leads and sales, and encourages your brand advocates to become active promoters for your business. Learn how to turn transactional customer relationships into lasting emotional bonds.
How to Create Content that Drives Member Activity and Builds Relationships
You'll learn strategies to initiate and sustain discussions that drive bonding member-to-member relationships. Plus, discover new ways to make your community stand out from all the other noise on social media.
The 2 Major Growth Methods to Get Your Community Off the Ground...
One of the biggest hurdles to starting new communities is getting people to talk. You'll learn two popular growth methods that will get your first members participating and engaging in your community space.
Metrics that Matter (and the ones that don't)
Learn how to properly measure growth activity and experience to determine the health of your community. The healthier your community is the more value your business will get and the happier your members will be.
Become a Certified Community Management Specialist Today!
Community Management Mastery
In this 6 hour course, you'll learn everything you need to know about community management. Discover everything from how to pick a platform to effective strategies that keep your members active and engaged.
- Lesson 1: From the Instructor
- Lesson 2: What to Expect
- Lesson 3: The What & Why
- Lesson 4: Business Benefits of Community
- Lesson 5: Member Benefits of Community
- Lesson 6: Community as an Element of Value
- Lesson 7: Community vs. Audience
- Lesson 8: Levinger's Relationship Model
- Lesson 9: The Relationship Model & Community Stages
- Lesson 10: The Customer Value Journey
- Lesson 11: Three Areas Your Community Can Serve
- Lesson 12: Aware/Engate Communities
- Lesson 13: Excite/Ascend Communities
- Lesson 14 Advocate/Promote Communities
- Lesson 15: Communities that Convert
- Lesson 16: The Halo Effect
- Lesson 1: Community Components
- Lesson 2: Identifying Market Segments
- Lesson 3: Identifying Common Bonds
- Lesson 4: Community Impact: The Product Purchase
- Lesson 5: The Coffee Table Problem
- Lesson 6: Open Communities
- Lesson 7: Closed Communities
- Lesson 8: Open vs. Closed and the Customer Value Journey
- Lesson 9: Community Mission Statements
Growing Your Community
- Lesson 1: What is Social Density?
- Lesson 2: Growth Method: Seeding
- Lesson 3: Growth Method: Cold Open
- Lesson 4: Growth Method: Paid Traffic
- Lesson 5: Creating Sub-Topics
- Lesson 6: Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Rewards
- Lesson 7: Creating Community Guidelines
- Lesson 8: Welcoming New Members
- Lesson 1: Content That Builds Relationships
- Lesson 2: The Importance of Discussions
- Lesson 3: Community Topic Maps
- Lesson 4: Discussion Questions
- Lesson 5: Fluff Posts
Creating a Tribe
- Lesson 1: Sense of Community
- Lesson 2: Membership
- Lesson 3: Influence
- Lesson 4: Integration
- Lesson 5: Emotional Connection
- Lesson 6: Create Rituals
- Lesson: Case Study: Love Our Lurkers Week
- Lesson 1: What does "Moderating" Mean?
- Lesson 2: Reactive Moderation & Conflict Management
- Lesson 3: Proactive Moderation
- Lesson 4: Feedback Loops
- Lesson 5: 3-Step Social Customer Care Plan
- Lesson 6: Common Types of Community Members
Community Metrics & Tools
- Lesson 1: What to Measure
- Lesson 2: Measuring Growth
- Lesson 3: Measuring Activity
- Lesson 4: Measuring Experience
- Lesson 5: Community Platform Considerations
- Lesson 6: Facebook Groups as a Community Platform
- Lesson 7: Other Types of Community Platforms
What You'll Get:
When you enroll today, you'll receive instant access to:
- The Community Management Mastery Course
- 7 Core Modules
- 58 Video Lessons
- 12 Handouts
- 7 Quizzes (one for each module)
- 1 Final Exam
Plus, upon successful completing of the course and all exams you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Community Management Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Community Management Specialist
- Tuition: $495
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 6 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 3 - 7 Days
How It Works
Take The Course
The course is a 7 hour intensive training, with 62 lessons, 9 handouts, 5 quizzes, & a final exam.
Pass The Test
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
Display Your Badge
You'll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
Community Management Mastery Class
- 7 Core Modules
- 58 Video Lessons
- 12 Handouts
- 7 Quizzes
Community Management Certification
- Certification Exam
- Displayable Badge
- Printable Certificate
- Status as a Community Management Specialist
Who Should Get Certified
Grow in your career, and get everyone else in your company on the same page, and speaking the same language
There's nothing harder than managing a team where everyone speaks a different language. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VPs
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution.
When your team can truly deliver the goods, you can truly serve your clients...and increase billable hours.
Founders & CEOs
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about sales and marketing, so let us worry about it, instead.
Why Should You Get Certified?
If you're an individual...
...this certification will set you apart from the pack.
Unlike everyone else who simply calls themselves a "community management specialist," you'll have the certificate and the badge to prove it, from a source that businesses trust.
More importantly, it will make you a better marketer.
Why? Because you're receiving the exact same training you would receive as an employee at DigitalMarketer. (And without tooting our horn too much, we're pretty good at this stuff!)
And we held nothing back.
- Enhance your career (or start a new one)
- Learn the latest and greatest tactics (that actually work)
- Expand your skill set, distance yourself from the competition, and jump to a higher pay grade...
...this course and certification is for you.
If you're a business owner...
...maybe you don't need the certification.
But what about your team? Do you know for a fact that they're up to speed on all the latest and greatest community marketing strategies?
If you're not sure, or if you just want them to receive the exact same training the team at DM receives, then get them certified!
They'll love the fact that you're investing in them, and you'll love the fact that they're performing at the highest level possible for your company.
Also, there's no rule that you have to sit for the test. If the training is more important to you than the certification, then just take the training and look at the test as an optional extra. (But if I were you, I'd take it anyway just to make sure you're fully grasping all the concepts.)
Oh yeah, and if you're an agency or other marketing professional, then you already know how important certifications are to distancing yourself from the competition. And who knows? It might even help you claim higher fees for the work you're already doing.
Either way, if you expect the best for your company, then this course and certification is for you.
Become a Certified Community Management Specialist Today!
About Your Instructor
Suzi Nelson is DigitalMarketer's Lead Community Strategist. She provides assistance, support, encouragement, and advocacy for DigitalMarketer's private customer group by bridging the gap between company, content, and customer. In her time at DigitalMarketer, the community activity has increased 92.81% through her strategic approach to relationship building and reinforcing positive customer experiences. When not fostering DigitalMarketer's community, she is adamantly defending the Oxford comma, hanging with her two rescue dogs, or trying to convince her friends and family that her Netflix addiction really isn't that bad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "How will this certificate help me?"
A: It depends on who you are...
If you're a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn community-building methods and strategies on your own. It's also a great way to train and certify members of your own team to ensure that they're up to speed on the latest trends and best practices.
If you're an agency, this certification is a tangible way to show that you are a Community Management Specialist, which could help you attract and retain better, higher-paying clients.
If you're a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who merely have a business or marketing degree. You'll learn specialized skills that employers today are desperately seeking.
If you're an employee or marketing professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which is the surest way to get that raise or promotion you likely already deserve (but don't have a tangible reason to request).
Q: "How valuable is this certification?"
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if you need to set yourself apart from the competition. What's far more valuable than any badge or certificate, however, is the actual knowledge you're going to receive when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know how to build and leverage a community with business value. I'll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY APPLY COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT INTO YOUR MARKETING MIX.
Q: "What if I fail? Am I allowed to retake the test?"
A: Yes, you make retake the test up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module quizzes prior to attempting the final exam again.
Q: "How long do I have to complete the class and take the test once I am enrolled?"
A: You can move at your own pace! We understand that life happens and that just because you enroll today doesn't mean you'll be able to finish (or even start) the class this week. And that's OK! Take as long as you like. We aren't going anywhere, and neither is this certification.
Q: "How long does it take to finish the course and receive my certification?"
A: This class is 6 hours of video training, so if you are working at it full-time you could technically complete the class and take all the tests in one day (although this is not recommended). To fully understand and apply the materials, you should allow 3 - 7 days if you are working full-time, and 14 - 21 days if you taking the class part-time.
Q: "Am I guaranteed to get certified if I take the class?"
A: No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn't worth the paper it's printed on. That's why our courses are challenging. If we're going to allow you to display a DigitalMarketer badge, you better believe you're going to have to earn it.
Q: "I don't care about the certification... can I just audit the class?"
A: Right now the cost for the class is $495. Ordinarily the sit fee for the certification exam is $500, but currently we have waived that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $495.
Q: "How difficult is the test?"
A: You'll find that the test is "satisfyingly difficult." By that I mean, it's difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn't tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult. That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging. And the questions do pertain to our proprietary methodologies, so you shouldn't expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other community management trainings or courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: "Why are community management experts priceless?"
A: Being a master at creating meaningful relationships with your customers and developing a safe place for them to talk to one another is one of the marketing team's most valuable assets. A successfully built community at scale can pay for itself over time and these skills can make you truly irreplaceable.
Become a Certified Community Management Specialist Today!
DigitalMarketer Is Different
Yes, you can find other trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a DigitalMarketer certification is unique because it's built and taught by real marketers who actually sell their own products and services online.
In other words, we aren't journalists or "researchers." We're in-the-trenches doers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn something is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. If that sounds appealing, then welcome! You've found your home.