If you’ve ever been looking for a new restaurant, odds are you’ve looked at the reviews before deciding where to go. Social proof like reviews are massively impactful when it comes to the buying decision.
That’s why Dave Rogenmoser, the CEO of Proof, decided to bring testimonials to webpages. He and his CMO, Austin Distel, join us this week and talk about how they developed a technology that would allow website users to see if others had recently made a purchase.
They also discuss their experience inside the Y Combinator accelerator, their long-term goal of 1 million successful split tests, and the biggest mistake they made in the first few years of Proof.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why social proof is so successful for conversions
- The future of Proof’s technology and how they want to create a personalized engine that can power email, landing page, etc.
- Why you need to find your customer first, and then your product second
- Split testing on Proof’s landing page copy and what copy worked the best
- Why churn is their number one focus right now
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!