What’s driving conversions in the ecommerce world? Community, authenticity, and a sense of humor.
Garrett talks with Jens Nicolaysen, Co-Founder and CMO of Shinesty, about what it takes to stand out in the ecommerce world in 2019. Jens spills his secrets on building brand awareness, selling products in 1–3 touchpoints, and his bold marketing strategies—like sending an email with 10 of Shinesty’s 1-star reviews.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Shinesty’s marketing philosophy of entertain first, sell second
- How Jens’ marketing team decided to start using copy in the email address sending each newsletter
- Shinesty’s social media approach to staying top-of-mind—even when customers aren’t ready to buy yet
- How Shinesty started their monthly subscription service and their strategy to retain their subscribers to grow their MRR
- How to keep your community engaged and excited
- The metrics Jens focuses on as CMO—cost of sale, open rates, click rates, spam and abuse rates, etc.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!