Finally, You'll Have a Step-By-Step Plan For
Tracking, Measuring and (More Importantly)...
Monetizing Social Media
(HINT: It looks something like this...)
You and your business are being talked about on social media... right now.
Whether it's a Facebook post, a tweet on Twitter or a photo on Instagram...
...your prospects and customers have changed the way they voice criticism and praise.
They've also changed they way they find and consume information...
...and they've even changed the way they buy too.
Successful businesses must adapt their marketing to these changes.
FACT: Businesses NEED Social & Community Managers Now More Than Ever
(...Who Actually Know What They're Doing)
If you're here, you already know that having a social media strategy is an important aspect of any digital marketing strategy.
But, if you're like most businesses, you're not doing it as well as you know you should be.
Your business needs to have plans and processes in place in order to:
- Listen to what your folks are saying about you on social media so you can monitor and respond to customer service and reputation management issues...
- Influence them in a positive way, by establishing authority, often through the distribution and sharing of valuable content...
- Network and associate with authoritative and influential individuals and brands...
- Sell them your products and services, without coming across as sleazy or pushy.
In other words, good social media management helps to control the conversation about your business, leading to positive customer experiences, increased authority and ultimately more leads and sales.
So that's why businesses need Social and Community Managers.
There's just one problem: Most so-called "social media managers" don't know what they're doing.
That's where you come in.
As a Certified Social & Community Manager, you'll learn to assess your business' goals and employ sound and measurable social media marketing practices to meet those goals.
More specifically, in this master class, you'll learn:
- The "Social Success Cycle" framework that gives you instant clarity on the 4 categories of social media marketing activities (and the category every business should begin with).
- How to create your Customer Avatar in order to architect a social media strategy that attracts leads and buyers (our simple Customer Avatar Worksheet will show you how to build your avatar).
- How to recognize and leverage the strength (and avoid the weakness) of both "Seeker" and "Engagement" social media channels.
- The "10-Minute Social Media Audit" that immediately identifies gaps in your social media marketing so you can close them.
- The two categories of social media marketing that can (and should) be automated by software (don't worry, we tell you which programs to use).
- The "Feedback Loop" process that exponentially increases the impact of social media marketing on product/service development, customer service and content creation.
- The 5 keyword categories that matter when monitoring the web for customer service and reputation issues ("Listen" for these keywords and you'll immediately join the social conversation about your brand).
- The Social Listening Keyword Research Planner that makes social listening campaign set up a breeze.
- How to set up social listening using paid tools (and an alternative method using free tools for those on a tight budget).
- The simple 3-Step Social Media Customer Service Plan to employ when dealing with angry customers on public social channels.
- 4 methods to growing connections on any social channel (look out for the "Indoctrination" and "Bouncing" processes).
- 7 blog post templates that create high-quality, "shareworthy" blog content with speed (never get stuck for blog post ideas again).
- The Social Media Topic Map handout that transforms boring, "ho hum" social media channels into thriving social communities.
- The 6-Step "socialization" process you'll apply to every new piece of content you create (this will maximize your social media exposure).
- How to defeat the "Social Fire Hose" (and create social media updates that get noticed in the sea of social status updates).
- How to leverage "Long Tail Media Outreach" (in order to generate traffic, links and authority from blogs, podcasts and more).
- How to combine Social Media Topic Maps and "The Short List" process to create a network of influencers (these can really can "move the needle" for your business).
- How "Reverse Media Outreach" works today (and how to position yourself to take advantage of it).
- The "Value First" strategy that seamlessly and subtly transforms casual social media connections into leads and customers (without being sleazy).
- 3 types of "Value First" offers (and when to use each one).
- How to employ "Content Segmentation", social media and social advertising to ascend social connections to leads and customers.
- How to use content + social media to intersect with "The Customer Journey" from the Awareness to Conversion stage.
In short, Certified Social & Community Managers are able to not only manage and control the social conversation about you and your business... they are also able to track, measure and monetize your social media efforts.
If you're interested in becoming a Certified Social & Community Manager, then I have one question for you...
Are You A "Doer"...or Just a "Talker?"
(or...Why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let's face it: Marketing experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who "walk the talk" from the ones who merely...
That's the problem!
And at DigitalMarketer, it was our problem, too. You see, we don't just teach marketing best practices, we actually DO MARKETING for businesses that we ACTUALLY OWN.
We aren't researchers. We aren't journalists.
We're business owners running companies (both online and offline) in B2B and B2C markets selling everything from cosmetics to camping equipment to industrial water filters and everything in-between.
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF...
...so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they're talking about.
And that's why we created the "Social & Community Mastery" course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of "open sourcing" our business (which is what DigitalMarketer is all about) we're now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we're making it available to YOU...
What You'll Learn In This Course
The Social Success Cycle
Learn the 4 critical categories of social media marketing activities. Understanding the different forms of social communication will help you identify your business goals and focus on the category that best fits your needs.
The "10 Minute Social Media Audit"
Quickly evaluate your social media presence and determine where there are gaps, so you can close them. When you know how often you post and what type of content you regularly provide, you can develop new ways to engage your followers.
Value First Strategies
Learn the appropriate types of offers to make in social media channels, including valuable content, opt-in offers and deep-discount offers. These 3 main offers will seamlessly and subtly transform casual social media connections into leads and customers.
Learn how to create and monitor an online community by building relationships and encouraging relationships between members. When your customers have a safe place to discuss your product and their goals, you will decrease churn and increase retention.
Become a Certified Social & Community Manager Today!
"The real win for me was confidence. I really know digital and social media marketing. I never felt confident in what I knew before because the platforms change so fast. There is no price tag you can put on confidence."
Social & Community Mastery Course Details
In this 7 hour course, you'll learn exactly how to apply a social media strategy you'll actually use in your business
- Lesson 1: From The Author
- Lesson 2: Social Success Cycle
- Lesson 3: Social Media Marketing Goals
- Lesson 4: The Customer Avatar
- Lesson 5: Which Social Media Channel Is Right For You
- Lesson 6: Engagement vs Seeker Channels
- Lesson 7: 10 Minute Social Media Audit
- Lesson 8: Social Media Dont's
- Lesson 9: When to Automate
- Lesson 1: Why Listen?
- Lesson 2: Social Listening Goals
- Lesson 3: Social Listening Tools
- Lesson 4: Social Listening Metrics
- Lesson 5: Social Listening Setup
- Lesson 6: Social Listening Keyword Planning
- Lesson 7: Tool Demo: Keyword Alert Setup
- Lesson 8: Listening Without Paid Tools
- Lesson 9: Using A Feedback Loop
- Lesson 10: Tool Demo: Tag And Task Setup
- Lesson 11: The 3-Step Social Customer Service Plan
- Lesson 1: Why Influence?
- Lesson 2: Social Influencing Goals
- Lesson 3: Social Influencing Tools
- Lesson 4: Social Influencing Metrics
- Lesson 5: Growing Social Profiles
- Lesson 6: Social Media Bouncing
- Lesson 7: Social Media Topic Map
- Lesson 8: 7 Blog Post Templates
- Lesson 9: Socializing Blog Content
- Lesson 10: Step 1 - Splinter
- Lesson 11: Step 2 - Visualize
- Lesson 12: Step 3 - Broadcast
- Lesson 13: Step 4 - Tag
- Lesson 14: Step 5 - Monitor
- Lesson 15: Step 6 - Schedule
- Lesson 16: Tool Demo - Edgar
- Lesson 17: Defeating The "Social Fire Hose"
- Lesson 18: Tool Demo - Facebook's Boost Post Function
- Lesson 19: What's Your SOP?
- Lesson 1: Why Network?
- Lesson 2: Social Networking Goals
- Lesson 3: Social Networking Tools
- Lesson 4: Social Networking Metrics
- Lesson 5: What Is Media?
- Lesson 6: Long Tail Media Outreach
- Lesson 7: What Does Long Tail Media Want?
- Lesson 8: Networking By Topic Map
- Lesson 9: The "Short List"
- Lesson 10: Reverse Media Outreach
- Lesson 11: Staying Compliant
- Lesson 1: Why Selling?
- Lesson 2: Social Selling Goals
- Lesson 3: Social Selling Tools
- Lesson 4: Social Selling Metrics
- Lesson 5: The Value First Strategy
- Lesson 6: Value First Offers
- Lesson 7: The Customer Journey
- Lesson 8: Content Segmentation
- Lesson 9: Segmentation + Retargeting
- Lesson 10: DEMO: Setting Up A Segmented Website
- Lesson 11: Content + Social Media + Ad Retargeting
- Lesson 12: Putting It All Together
What You'll Get:
When you enroll today, you'll receive instant access to:
- The Social & Community Mastery Course
- 5 Core Modules
- 62 Video Lessons
- 9 Handouts
- 5 Quizzes (one for each module)
Plus, upon successful completing of the course and all exams you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Social & Community Manager that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Social & Community Manager
- Tuition: $495
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 7 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 3 - 7 Days
How It Works
Take The Course
The course is a 7 hour intensive training, with 62 lessons, 9 handouts, 5 quizzes, & a final exam.
Pass The Test
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
Display Your Badge
You'll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
Social & Community Mastery Class
- 5 Core Modules
- 62 Video Lessons
- 9 Handouts
- 5 Review Quizzes
Social & Community Manager Certification
- Certification Exam
- Displayable Badge
- Printable Certificate
- Status as a Social & Community Manager
Who Should Get Certified
Grow in your career, and get everyone else in your company on the same page, and speaking the same language
There's nothing harder than managing a team where everyone speaks a different language. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VPs
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution.
When your team can truly deliver the goods, you can truly serve your clients...and increase billable hours.
Founders & CEOs
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about sales and marketing, so let us worry about it, instead.
Why Should You Get Certified?
If you're an individual...
...this certification will set you apart from the pack.
Unlike everyone else who simply calls themselves a "social media expert," you'll have the certificate and the badge to prove it, from a source that businesses trust.
More importantly, it will make you a better marketer.
Why? Because you're receiving the exact same training you would receive as an employee at DigitalMarketer. (And without tooting our horn too much, we're pretty good at this stuff!)
And we held nothing back.
These are the same social & community marketing strategies our internal team uses across our social media platforms to interact with our customers, build our influence, generate traffic, and then converts that traffic into sales, taught by our Editorial Director (the person in charge of all things social content at DigitalMarketer), Russ Henneberry.
So, if you want to:
- Enhance your career (or start a new one)
- Learn the latest and greatest tactics (that actually work)
- Expand your skill set, distance yourself from the competition, and jump to a higher pay grade...
...this course and certification is for you.
If you're a business owner...
...maybe you don't need the certification.
But what about your team? Do you know for a fact that they're up to speed on all the latest and greatest ecommerce marketing strategies?
If you're not sure, or if you just want them to receive the exact same training the team at DM receives, then get them certified!
They'll love the fact that you're investing in them, and you'll love the fact that they're performing at the highest level possible for your company.
Also, there's no rule that you have to sit for the test. If the training is more important to you than the certification, then just take the training and look at the test as an optional extra. (But if I were you I'd take it anyway just to make sure you're fully grasping all the concepts.)
Oh yeah, and if you're an agency or other marketing professional, then you already know how important certifications are to distancing yourself from the competition. And who knows? It might even help you claim higher fees for the work you're already doing.
Either way, if you expect the best for your company, then this course and certification is for you.
Become a Certified Social & Community Manager Today!
About Your Instructor
Russ Henneberry is the Editorial Director for DigitalMarketer. Prior to joining DigitalMarketer, Russ was on the content marketing team for Salesforce.com, and also helped launch a blog a well-known marketing SaaS, growing it from zero to 120,000 unique visitors per month in less than a year.
Russ got his start in search engine optimization and pay per click marketing, managing 20 developers and over 600 digital marketing projects for small to mid-sized businesses. It was at Salesforce that Russ began to master the art of content marketing at all stages of the sales and marketing funnel to create value for a company.
In his time at Digital Marketer, front end traffic to Digital Marketer content has increased by 1125%. The content marketing team, under Russ's management, generates 1000's of leads and front end sales per month by developing and executing a truly "full funnel" content marketing strategy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "How will this certificate help me?"
A: It depends on who you are...
If you're a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn social media & community marketing yourself. It's also a great way to train and certify members of your own team to ensure that they're up to speed on the latest trends and best practices.
If you're an agency, this certification is a tangible way to show that you are a Social & Community Manager, which could help you attract and retain better, higher-paying clients.
If you're a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who merely have a business or marketing degree, but specialized skills that employers today are desperately seeking.
If you're an employee or marketing professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which is the surest way to get that raise or promotion you likely already deserve (but don't have a tangible reason to request).
Q: "How valuable is this certification?"
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if you need to set yourself apart from the competition. What's far more valuable than any badge or certificate, however, is the actual knowledge you're going to receive when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know paid traffic. I'll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW SOCIAL & COMMUNITY MARKETING.
Q: "What if I fail? Am I allowed to retake the test?"
A: Yes, you make retake the test up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module quizzes prior to attempting the final exam again.
Q: "How long do I have to complete the class and take the test once I am enrolled?"
A: You can move at your own pace! We understand that life happens, and that just because you enroll today that doesn't mean you'll be able to finish (or even start) the class this week. And that's okay! Take as long as you like. We aren't going anywhere, and neither is this certification.
Q: "How long does it take to finish the course and receive my certification?"
A: This class is 7 hours of video training, so if you are working at it full-time you could technically complete the class and take all the tests in one day (although this is not recommended). To fully understand and apply the materials, you should allow 3 - 7 days if you are working full-time, and 14 - 21 days if you taking the class part-time.
Q: "Am I guaranteed to get certified if I take the class?"
A: No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn't worth the paper it's printed on. That's why our courses are challenging. If we're going to allow you to display a DigitalMarketer badge, you better believe you're going to have to earn it.
Q: "I don't care about the certification...can I just audit the class?"
A: Yes, the cost for the class-only option is just $495 and you can choose to add the sit fee for the certification exam for an additional $500. If you would like to take both the class and the certification, then you would choose the Class + Certification option for $995.
Q: "How difficult is the test?"
A: You'll find that the test is "satisfyingly difficult." By that I mean, it's difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn't tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult. That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging and the questions do pertain to our proprietary methodologies, so you shouldn't expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other paid traffic training's or courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: "Are scholarships available?"
A: At this time no scholarships are available. Fortunately we have priced our classes so that they are affordable to all, especially compared to similar certification classes.
Become a Certified Social & Community Manager Today!
DigitalMarketer Is Different
Yes, you can find other trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a DigitalMarketer certification is unique because it's built and taught by real marketers who actually sell their own products and services online.
In other words, we aren't journalists or "researchers." We're in-the-trenches doers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn something is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. If that sounds appealing, then welcome! You've found your home.