At Last, You'll Have A Powerful Analytics Dashboard That Will Help You...
(HINT: The process looks something like this...)
According to Google, about 90% of websites have installed Google Analytics...
...yet only 30% of people actually LOG IN to look at their analytics dashboard.
Pretty bad, right?
Hold on—it gets worse.
Of that 30% who log in, most people don't know what they're doing or what to look for. They just see a scrambled mass of numbers that don't actually *say* anything.
Sure, they know their average bounce rate is 54.99%...
But what does that mean?
How can they be sure it's accurate?
And most importantly...
What are they supposed to DO about it?
That's where you come in.
As a Certified Data Analyst, you'll have a rare and valuable skillset.
You'll have the ability to collect & analyze data as tool to answer TOUGH business questions, such as:
- "Why has our average order value dropped, and what can we do to fix the problem ASAP?"
- "Which blog topics are bringing us the most engagement and leads?"
- "How can we find out what are people saying about us online (without reading through thousands of comments every day)?"
- "Where should we put our advertising budget to get the best results? And should we be spending more, less, or the same?"
- "Why did our last email promo perform so well, and how can we recreate that success in our next send?"
So how do you do it?
And how do you do it over & over again, using a consistent and repeatable process?
To answer that question, there's one thing you have to understand...
There Are 4 "Lenses" Through Which You Can Look At Your Data
We call it "The Analyst's Toolkit":
Whenever there's a change in your business, these are the 4 "lenses" you can use to help determine the cause:
Historical: How does this data compare to your baseline in the past?
External: Did something happen outside of your company that could have caused the change?
Internal: Have you made any strategic changes that could explain it?
Contextual: Are you putting this data in the proper context?
If it all seems complicated, it's really not.
In fact, once you understand the process it makes analyzing data much simpler & easier!
You'll never find yourself blindly clicking through your analytics dashboard again...
Because you'll have a step-by-step process to answer ANY question that arises in your business.
Just how valuable is this skill? You be the judge...
FACT: Without Data Analysts, Business Owners Are Flying Blind
Any business owner, CEO, or manager worth their salt (and their salary) should be smart enough to realize...
...that they have no friggin' clue what's going on in their business.
Sure, they have hunches... Intuitions... Guesses...
But without data to back up those intuitions, they're flying blind.
It's like they're driving a car at night...
With the headlights turned off.
And as the data expert in your company, you're the only person with the power to turn on the lights.
Do you realize how valuable that skill is to an employer?
As the resident data expert, you can do much more than earn a hefty salary.
You can be the HERO in your company!
You'll be the one who recognizes a huge opportunity hidden in the numbers.
You'll be the one who discovers a big problem and solves it before it has a chance to wreak havoc.
And whenever someone has a question... or a suggestion... or an idea...
Who do you think they're going to come to for advice?
They're going to come to YOU.
Because you'll be the only one with the tools and the expertise to discover what's really going on in your company and know how to use that information to make intelligent, data-driven decisions.
And you're going to master those tools right here, in this certification class. You'll learn things like:
- The exact same strategies we use here at DigitalMarketer to collect data, analyze it, and make smart data-driven decisions about our business
- How to build a complete analytics dashboard that reveals the overall health of your company in one glance
- Why it's essential to remove outliers to avoid misleading data so you don't make bad decisions (along with the exact formulas to do it)
- How to calculate the lifetime value of a customer (this is ESSENTIAL if you want to know how much you can afford to spend to acquire new customers at a profit)
- An 8-step flowchart that shows you an easy, step-by-step process for turning raw numbers into meaningful actions
- How to set up full-funnel tracking so that you can immediately plug any leaky buckets in your systems and optimize the steps that will generate the biggest results
- Why you MUST contextualize your data to make sense of it, and how to use "The Analyst's Toolkit" to find out what's REALLY going on in your business
- How to measure customer satisfaction using metrics like refund rate, churn rate, and our custom-built membership retention report
- Why you should be tracking the banner click % for each blog post to measure how well it creates interest in your product or service
- How to keep a finger on the pulse of your audience using Reputation Score and a Qualitative Trend Report
- How to track visitor recency and use it to gauge the effectiveness of your company's branding efforts
- The "Retargeting Naming System" that makes tracking your funnel performance super simple (this is the *key* to diagnosing the health of your entire sales funnel)
- How to identify the critical 3-5 data points for YOUR business (no matter the size), how to track them, and how to use this data to actually generate more leads and sales
- How you can use digital analytics to measure the impact of your company's OFFline marketing (this will really impress your boss)
- How to accurately track your all-important monetary metrics including sales, average order value, and revenue per visitor
- How to identify which traffic sources are most valuable to your business (using our custom-made UTM Parameter Builder)
- Why you can't rely on averages or aggregates, and how to drill down to meaningful specifics instead
- How to analyze the performance of each channel in your marketing so you can make intelligent decisions about how to scale your business
- What "Cohort Analysis" is, and how to use this advanced tool to learn more about the true value of your membership program
- How to measure your share of search to compare your company's performance against your competitors
No one can make strategic business-building decisions without the right data.
No you, not me, not your boss, not Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, or even Steve Jobs in his prime...
Is it any wonder, then, why data analysts are SO CRITICAL to the success of every company in the world?
If you're interested in becoming a "Analytics & Data Master," then I have one question for you...
Are You A "Doer"...or Just a "Talker?"
(or...Why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let's face it: Marketing experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who "walk the talk" from the ones who merely...
That's the problem!
And at DigitalMarketer, it was our problem, too. You see, we don't just teach marketing best practices, we actually DO MARKETING for businesses that we ACTUALLY OWN.
We aren't researchers. We aren't journalists.
We're business owners running companies (both online and offline) in B2B and B2C markets selling everything from cosmetics to camping equipment to industrial water filters and everything in-between.
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF...
...so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they're talking about.
And that's why we created the "Analytics & Data Mastery" course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of "open sourcing" our business (which is what DigitalMarketer is all about) we're now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we're making it available to YOU...
What You'll Learn In This Course
Learn how to define what kind of metrics you should pull depending on your end business goals. Once you identify which of the four major categories you want to focus on - top of funnel, middle of funnel, bottom of funnel and retention/monetization - you can pull meaningful data to advance your goals.
The Data "Lenses"
Discover different ways to sort and analyze data to get actionable results you can improve upon. Whether you're comparing past and present numbers or looking into how changes in your industry affect your business, you'll know how to crunch the numbers and find solutions.
Convert Raw Numbers
Use this 8-step flowchart for an easy, step-by-step process for turning raw numbers into meaningful actions. No longer will you start at a page full of numbers and wonder what they mean or how can be useful in advancing your business' goals.
Top Traffic Sources
Identify which traffic sources are most valuable to your business using our custom-made UTM Parameter Builder. Using consistent UTMs for new campaigns will speed up your ability to track page traffic and progress.
Become an Analytics & Data Specialist Today!
Analytics & Data Mastery Course Details
In this 7-hour course, you'll learn how to curate, read and apply data to grow your business.
An Introduction to Data Analysis
- Lesson 1: Introduction from the Instructors
- Lesson 2: Here's What To Expect
- Lesson 3: What Data Analysis Is (And What It Can Do for Your Business)
- Lesson 4: Why All Business Must Be Data-Driven
- Lesson 5: Analysis and the Funnel
- Lesson 6: What Data Matters to Business
- Lesson 7: Data Analysis Building Blocks
Data Collection Strategies
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Google Analytics
- Lesson 2: Google Analytics Layout & Understanding
- Lesson 3: Introduction to Google Analytics Segments
- Lesson 4: Tracking Site Visitors
- Lesson 5: Using the UTM Parameter Builder
- Lesson 6: Pulling CRM & eCommerce Data
- Lesson 7: Pulling Paid Traffic Data
- Lesson 8: Creating and Naming Retargeting Lists
- Lesson 9: Starting with Data
- Lesson 10: Finding Outliers with Math
Top of Funnel Analytics
- Lesson 1: Top of Funnel Goals & KPIs
- Lesson 2: New Visitors
- Lesson 3: Direct Visitors
- Lesson 4: Retargeting & Segmentation
- Lesson 5: Total Visits
- Lesson 6: Top of Funnel Deep Dive Metrics
- Lesson 7: Channel Splits
- Lesson 8: Bounce Rate
- Lesson 9: Branded Search Volume
- Lesson 10: Top of Funnel Pixeling
- Lesson 11: Visits
- Lesson 12: Applying Top of Funnel Metrics
Middle of Funnel Analytics
- Lesson 1: Middle of Funnel Goals & KPIs
- Lesson 2: Visitor Recency
- Lesson 3: Banner Click %
- Lesson 4: Leads Generated
- Lesson 5: Tracking Middle of Funnel Retargeting Lists
- Lesson 6: Direct Visitor Count
- Lesson 7: Middle of Funnel Deep Dive Metrics
- Lesson 8: Social Media Followers
- Lesson 9: Banner Click % at the Post Level
- Lesson 10: Number of Comments
- Lesson 11: Number of Social Shares
- Lesson 12: Applying Middle of Funnel Metrics
Bottom of Funnel Analytics
- Lesson 1: Bottom of Funnel Goals & KPIs
- Lesson 2: Number of Goods Sold
- Lesson 3: Retargeting & Segments
- Lesson 4: Average Order Value
- Lesson 5: Revenue Per Visitor
- Lesson 6: Days to Conversion
- Lesson 7: Bottom of Funnel Deep Dive Metrics
- Lesson 8: Channel Split (Offers)
- Lesson 9: Bounces (Offers)
- Lesson 10: Promo Email Campaigns
- Lesson 11: Funnel Evaluation
- Lesson 12: Applying Bottom of Funnel Metrics
Retention and Monetization Analytics
- Lesson 1: Retention & Monetization Goals & KPIs
- Lesson 2: Membership Retention Report
- Lesson 3: Traffic ROI Report
- Lesson 4: Refund Report
- Lesson 5: Monetization Funnel Conversion Rate
- Lesson 6: Retention & Monetization Deep Dive Metrics
- Lesson 7: Content Email Metrics
- Lesson 8: Cohort Analysis
- Lesson 9: Reputation Score
- Lesson 10: Qualitative Trend Report
- Lesson 11: Customer Lifetime Value
- Lesson 12: Applying retention & Monetization Metrics
Running a Data Driven Business
- Lesson 1: Analytic Decision Making
- Lesson 2: Applying the Analyst's Toolkit
- Lesson 3: Segments & Drilling Down
- Lesson 4: Analytic Trends
- Lesson 5: Business Analyses to Start Immediately
- Lesson 6: Transitioning from Reactive to Proactive Analysis
What You'll Get:
When you enroll today, you'll receive instant access to:
- The Analytics & Data Mastery Course
- 7 Core Modules
- 72 Video Lessons
- 11 Handouts
- 7 Quizzes (one for each module)
Plus, upon successful completing of the course and all exams you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Analytics & Data Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Analytics & Data Specialist
- Tuition: $495
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 7 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 3 - 7 Days
How It Works
Take The Course
The course is a 7 hour intensive training, with 72 lessons, 11 handouts, 7 quizzes, & a final exam.
Pass The Test
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
Display Your Badge
You'll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
Analytics & Data Mastery Class
- 7 Core Modules
- 72 Video Lessons
- 11 Handouts
- 7 Review Quizzes
Analytics & Data Specialist Certification
- Certification Exam
- Displayable Badge
- Printable Certificate
- Status as an Analytics & Data Specialist
Who Should Get Certified
Grow in your career, and get everyone else in your company on the same page, and speaking the same language
There's nothing harder than managing a team where everyone speaks a different language. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VPs
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution.
When your team can truly deliver the goods, you can truly serve your clients...and increase billable hours.
Founders & CEOs
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about sales and marketing, so let us worry about it, instead.
Why Should You Get Certified?
If you're an individual...
....this certification will set you apart from the pack.
Unlike everyone else who simply calls themselves a "Analytics & Data expert," you're going to outshine the rest, because while everyone else is grasping at ideas, and trying random things (the majority of which won't work) you're applying a proven process that gets results, every time.
And you'll have the certificate and the badge to prove it, from a source that businesses trust.
More importantly, it will make you a better marketer.
Why? Because you're receiving the exact same training you would receive as an employee at DigitalMarketer. (And without tooting our horn too much, we're pretty good at this stuff!)
And we held nothing back.
These are the same systems and strategies our internal team uses to analyze our data, discover key areas for growth, and identify problems before they have a chance to hurt the business. It's taught by two of the sharpest marketing minds you'll find anywhere, John Grimshaw (our Senior Data Analyst) and Justin Rondeau (our Director of Optimization).
So, if you want to:
- Enhance your career (or start a new one)
- Learn the latest and greatest tactics (that actually work)
- Expand your skill set, distance yourself from the competition, and jump to a higher pay grade...
...this course and certification is for you.
If you're a business owner...
...maybe you don't need the certification.
But what about your team? Do you know for a fact that they're up to speed on all the latest and greatest ecommerce marketing strategies?
If you're not sure, or if you just want them to receive the exact same training the team at DM receives, then get them certified!
They'll love the fact that you're investing in them, and you'll love the fact that they're performing at the highest level possible for your company.
Also, there's no rule that you have to sit for the test. If the training is more important to you than the certification, then just take the training and look at the test as an optional extra. (But if I were you I'd take it anyway just to make sure you're fully grasping all the concepts.)
Oh yeah, and if you're an agency or other marketing professional, then you already know how important certifications are to distancing yourself from the competition. And who knows? It might even help you claim higher fees for the work you're already doing.
Either way, if you expect the best for your company, then this course and certification is for you.
Become an Analytics & Data Specialist Today!
About Your Instructors
Justin Rondeau is the Director of Optimization at DigitalMarketer and runs all of the optimization efforts and split tests at DM and is active among our other properties.
A top-rated domestic and international speaker, Rondeau has spent his entire career working on optimization campaigns and has helped train some of the leading optimization teams at Fortune 500 companies.
Rondeau has run hundreds of tests for both B2B and eCommerce brands and has analyzed 3,000+ tests across virtually every industry.
John Grimshaw is DigitalMarketer's senior Data Analyst, responsible for developing data collection systems and identifying strategies for reaching the company's goal of doubling the size of 10,000 businesses.
After joining the company as a Marketing Coordinator, John established himself as a thought leader in the field of business intelligence within the company. He has a lead role in driving growth through data-driven strategies, focusing in areas including paid traffic, retention marketing, email marketing, and promotional monetization.
John has helped monitor and manage the metrics surrounding $3 million in paid traffic spend, 261 million sent emails, and dozens of promotional campaigns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: "How will this certificate help me?"
A: It depends on who you are...
If you're a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn how to optimize the traffic you're already getting for yourself. It's also a great way to train and certify members of your own team to ensure that they're up to speed on the latest trends and best practices.
If you're an agency, this certification is a tangible way to show that you are a Analytics & Data Specialist, which could help you attract and retain better, higher-paying clients.
If you're a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who merely have a business or marketing degree, but specialized skills that employers today are desperately seeking.
If you're an employee or marketing professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which is the surest way to get that raise or promotion you likely already deserve (but don't have a tangible reason to request).
Q: "How valuable is this certification?"
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if you need to set yourself apart from the competition. What's far more valuable than any badge or certificate, however, is the actual knowledge you're going to receive when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know Analytics & Data. I'll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW ANALYTICS & DATA.
Q: "What if I fail? Am I allowed to retake the test?"
A: Yes, you make retake the test up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module quizzes prior to attempting the final exam again.
Q: "How long do I have to complete the class and take the test once I am enrolled?"
A: You can move at your own pace! We understand that life happens, and that just because you enroll today that doesn't mean you'll be able to finish (or even start) the class this week. And that's ok! Take as long as you like. We aren't going anywhere, and neither is this certification.
Q: "How long does it take to finish the course and receive my certification?"
A: This class is 8 hours of video training, so if you are working at it full-time you could technically complete the class and take all the tests in one day (although this is not recommended). To fully understand and apply the materials, you should allow 3 - 7 days if you are working full-time, and 14 - 21 days if you taking the class part-time.
Q: "Am I guaranteed to get certified if I take the class?"
A: No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn't worth the paper it's printed on. That's why our courses are challenging. If we're going to allow you to display a DigitalMarketer badge, you better believe you're going to have to earn it.
Q: "I don't care about the certification...can I just audit the class?"
A: Right now the cost for the class is $495. Ordinarily the sit fee for the certification exam is $500, but currently, we have waIved that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $495.
Q: "How difficult is the test?"
A: You'll find that the test is "satisfyingly difficult." By that I mean, it's difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn't tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult. That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging and the questions do pertain to our proprietary methodologies, so you shouldn't expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other optimization & testing trainings or courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: "Are scholarships available?"
A: At this time no scholarships are available. Fortunately, we have priced our classes so that they are affordable to all, especially compared to similar certification classes.
Become an Analytics & Data Specialist Today!
DigitalMarketer Is Different
Yes, you can find other trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a DigitalMarketer certification is unique because it's built and taught by real marketers who actually sell their own products and services online.
In other words, we aren't journalists or "researchers." We're in-the-trenches doers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn something is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. If that sounds appealing, then welcome! You've found your home.